Ways to reduce pores
There are many factors that affect the size and look of your pores. These include genetics, your skin type (shoutout to our oily combination skin fam!), how hydrated you are, as well as your environmental surroundings. Despite this, it is still possible to reduce their appearance.
Read our guide below to get started on your Reducing Pore Size journey!
1. Get cleansing!
Every morning and every night you should be removing the dirt and pollutants from your skin. Find a gentle cleanser that isn’t too harsh on your skin.
Top tip: When washing your face, refrain from using hot water, as this will strip healthy natural oils from your skin too quickly. Instead, use lukewarm water to remove any makeup and pollutants from the day. After you’ve washed your face properly, splashing some cold water will tighten your pores and leave you feeling refreshed!
For a deeper cleanse, and extra assistance to remove makeup, we recommend our GLOW YOUR OWN WAY Luxe Micro-Fibre Cleansing Pads. These microfibre pads are perfect for deep cleaning and gently exfoliating, what’s more, they’re reusable!
2. Get ready to roll!
Once your skin is clean and dry, apply your favourite face serum, and then begin rolling our GLOW YOUR OWN WAY Micro-Needle Facial Roller gently across the face, working in all directions. Be mindful to avoid the undereye area.
The surgical steel grade derma roller is designed to send fine lines, uneven skin tone, enlarged pores and other age-related imperfections packing.
How Dermarolling/Microneedling works:
Some say it’s a miracle, others claim its magic, but dermatologically speaking, it’s a simple and ingenious way to kick start your skin’s transformation by boosting natural collagen.
- When the dermaroller is rolled over the skin, the small, fine needles on the roller puncture the skin.
- When the skin is punctured by the needles, it creates controlled tiny wounds. This can help to promote the body’s own production of collagen and elastin
- Top tips when dermarolling:
- Use at night after cleansing.
- May be used up to 3 times per week.
- Do not use on any skin that is inflamed
- Do not use if you have eczema, psoriasis, warts or cystic skin which is prone to contact and spreading.
- Discontinue use if skin sensitivity occurs.
- After each use, ensure that the roller is sterilised with alcohol and allow to dry and store in its protective case.
- When dermarolling, never apply pressure to any area that you are rolling.
3. Hydrate and treat!
After you have derma rolled your skin, now is the perfect time to get as much goodness into your skin as possible. We’d recommend the GOODBYE TO DRY Ultra Hydrating Face Mask. This hydrating hero delivers a maximum moisture fix & fast. Instantly drenches parched pores with supa conditioning & calming coconut extracts to vanquish redness, dryness and restore balance. While skin-perfecting vitamins, antioxidants and unique moisture-locking agents (derived from native coastal flowers) combine to intensively hydrate & stimulate. After you’ve relaxed for 15 minutes, peel off the mask and massage any remaining residue into your skin.
4. Lock it in!
You don’t want all that goodness from your mask to not be used to its full potential. Lock in the moisture with your favourite face cream. If you are prone to breakouts, we’d recommend ditching the oil-based cream as they can clog your pores.
5. Stop touching your face!
Start to get into the habit of not touching your face. Your fingertips are full of bacteria, which is something you don’t want near your pores!